Sunday 4 May 2008

• I DIDN’T GET ELECTED!

In 2000, 180,000 votes won us three seats in the London Assembly. This time, we increased our vote to 203,465 but it was only good enough for two seats. We were just 24,409 short for my seat. Really frustrating!!

There was a huge squeeze between Labour and the Tories. The Lib Dems had a dismal night, they failed to capture the predicted constituency seats and their Assembly List vote plummeted. They dropped from five seats to three. All the other small parties got badly squeezed. The One London Party, which had two seats in the outgoing Assembly, polled only 3,430!

While I am devastated at not winning a seat, I am pleased that the Green Party, in the face of the huge onslaught, and X-Factor politics, held up so well and increased our vote.

I am proud to have been part of our best ever campaign.

Ah well, back to normal. Seeing that I will not now be a highly paid Assembly Member, I'm back to trying to earn a living. Anyone know of a job out there?

No comments: