Saturday 12 January 2008

*WHAT A WEEK.

With the GLA elections now less than 15 weeks away, things are hotting up. This last week I had a meeting of the Fundraising Group on Monday night, the Editorial Board of London Green News on Tuesday night, attended Greenwich Green Party on Wednesday night and Harrow Green Party on Thursday night. There was a discussion with activists, last night, and I have three meetings tomorrow – 10am, 1.30pm and 5pm. All of this on top of calls from members and officers as well as press and other organisations.

I’m delighted to report that our elections plans are going well and we are on course to take four seats in the Assembly. This will be a relief, as I’m No. 3 on the Green Party List :-)

Next week looks like being equally hectic as I am booked to visit Wandsworth and Barnet Green Parties, meet CPRE and on Friday, conduct a charity auction supporting lions in Africa, plus the Training Day on Saturday.

Because I was in Harrow, I missed most of the Mayor debate on ITV. Contrary to statements in the Evening Standard, Ken seemed to be doing well, Borris was filibustering and Paddick seemed at sea and needed his notes to make a one minute set-piece speech.

No comments: