Sunday 15 July 2007

*NO PLACE TO GO.

Many older people who suffer from incontinence are becoming
isolated as a result of public toilet closures. Incontinence is
second only to dementia as a cause for moving into residential
care, yet councils fail to recognise the value of public toilets.

To find out more, read the new research report, Nowhere To Go from Help The Aged -

http://email.helptheaged.org.uk/go.asp?/bHLP001/mFTC6T3/qP2COT3/uJJ1Z4/x72JL5

I campaigned on this when I was on the London Assembly. I got a lot of publicity hanging around toilets:-) Email me if you would like a copy of my report.

People laugh when the subject is mentioned, but it really is a Human Rights issue. I had more letters on this subject than all the other campaigns combined. Some of the letters were really heart-breaking. Young mothers are also badly affected.

Hopefully, I will continue the campaign after the London Assembly elections on May 1st.

No comments: